Registration at the police

You can apply online or meet directly at the police or service for foreign workers office.

You will aquire certification that you are EØS citizen, or permit to stay if you are outside EØS.

Tax card

Apply for a tax card at or at the foreign workers office. You also have to register norwegian adress if you are going to work in Norway for more than 6 months.


An employer needs a  D-number to be able to register you, which is assigned by Norway for workers with no norwegian id personal number.

Norwegian bank account

You can apply for a norwegian bank accound online Dnb being the largest.

Use the following phrase on Google to get results:

“Nytt bank konto”



27. July 2018